The wine glass – odor free?

Do you ever inspect or smell the wine glass when you sit down in a nice restaurant?  Or do you take it for grant that those would clean and free of any odor?  I used to believe the latter of the two until about 4-5 years ago when my wife and I ordered a nice bottle of wine with dinner, however despite my initial tasting and approval of the wine, my wife disliked the taste of her wine!  I first didn’t want to believe her and thought she might have eaten something that triggered that, but when I smelled her glass,
it smelled like an old wash cloth.  Disgusting to say the least.  Now, I had to ask for a new wine glass, but even worse, a full glass of this really nice wine went down the drain.
So, the next time you go out for dinner, smell your wine glass before they pour you a nice glass of wine.  Otherwise, you may judge a wine poorly for no right reason at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment