New Year's Eve | Toast into 2014

I hope everybody had a great Christmas or Holidays and is ready for 2014!  Certainly hope that you stayed warm with some of the Christmas Wine | Holiday Wine winter cocktail recipes and ideas.
2013 was another fast year in my books, but non or less very exciting.  It doesn't happen all the time that you move cross Atlantic twice within 12 month, more or less. But while I toasted last year with some very nice Cava in Spain into 2013, I will certainly have real French Champagne touching my lips again this year.  There is just something about closing and starting a chapter in true style, that a Prosecco, Cava, Sekt or other sparkling wines simply can't deliver.
While Champagne often
gets the "too expensive" pass for various other celebrations, it certainly should get all the spot lights for New Year's Eve.

Some of my favorites are
Veuve Clicqout Grand Dame | Dom Perignon Brut Rose | Charles Heidsick | Krug Grand Cuvee

While all of them certainly have a healthy price tag, New Year's Eve only happens every 365 days, so make it count.  Shall you want to stick with true Champagne but are on a tighter budget, I would look for

Veuve Clicqout Brut (Yellow Label) | Bollinger Special Cuvee | Perrier-Jouet Grand Brut

Cheers to a successful 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment