Volcanic Wines

I know that I am way overdue a post.  I know that I owe some follow up blogs such as the tasting results from the wine in the box experiment!  However, while I don't make excuses, I am still running laps in trying to re-coordinate my life!  I had the crazy idea to move my family back to Europe, and since we lived in the warm, beautiful place called Florida, what better place then the Canary Islands?  That is the same what I thought.  So, after finishing lengthy interviews I flew to to Tenerife, Spain for my final interviews.  The second evening while I am there, I went to the tapas & wine bar.  When I ask for Spanish wines, he ask me if I like to try a wine from the Canary Islands?  More specifically he asked me if I like to try wines from Tenerife!

I said yes, as I didn't want to give the wrong impression about myself, but thought to myself, oh my god, what is that going to taste like.  GOOD!  REALLY GOOD!  That was my answer after trying the white wine, the rose as well as the red wine!  High in mineral flavors, great ripe fruit notes, simply a great everyday drinking wine.  And the grape varietals?  All, from roses that include Merlot, to local grapes I never even heard about about.  And there is more, the other Canary Islands offer the same.
I already moved here now and just await the ship with all my stuff to get here, but I will cover the fun wines from the Canary Islands in the upcoming blogs.  Who would have thought that there is more to the Canary Islands than tweety the bird or being a pure sunshine paradise!  Not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment