2010 Honig Sauvignon Blanc

I had the great pleasure of meeting Stephanie Honig for a tasting and meet and greet while I was working in Jupiter, Florida either late 2008 or at the beginning of 2009.  Anyways, I had just added the Honig Sauvignon Blanc on our wine list 3 weeks prior to that after tasting it for the first time and was very impressed with the wine.  When I moved up to Jacksonville, I knew that I wanted to place this great wine back on my list.  I haven't had a vintage yet, that either had a bad bottle or didn't taste as good as the last.

The 2010 Sauvignon Blanc displays great aromas of orange blossom, some stone fruits and grapefruit, giving it that citrusy, refreshing taste what we are looking for in new world sauvignon blancs.  However, it is not over the top as the sauvignon blancs from New Zealand and has a medium body that offers a nice, lingering finish. 
Since they only use stainless steel and used neutral oak, the wine displays itself true to california sauvignon blanc at its finest.

So, during your next visit at our beautiful 619 Ocean View, start your evening with a refreshing glass of Honig Sauvignon Blanc!  Perfect for the warm summer days ahead of us.

If you ever have the opportunity to meet one of the Honig family members, make sure to take advantage of that.  They are very nice and humble!  And they know how to make good wine.  For more info, visit their website at:
Honig Winery

No comments:

Post a Comment